Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Good Day

Today I went to my last day of art workshop. My friend's mom picked me up and drove me to my art teacher's house. My first project was to finish the floor mat that I started yesterday. I painted leaves on a vine around a sunflower. Then I studied the floormat and decided that I was done. Mrs. McCormick put the mat in her garage and I got my paints so that I could start a new project. I chose to paint a waterfall. Some of the colors I used were green, purple, white and blue. I sketched the outline and started with the mountains in the background. I scuffed in the colors in the mountain and then I stroked in the trees with dark green. I used the same green that I used on Friday on my panda stool. When I finished painting, I couldn't wait to show my mom and dad my three art projects! When I got home my parents couldn't wait to see my work. I thought back to when I used crayons and water colors with my uncle Jeff. It made me so happy that he helped me love to do art!

4 comments:

Carolyn Ebert said...

We've been waiting for your blog and are so happy to see your artwork! Your paintings are as beautiful as you are!

Jenny and Jonny said...

Emily, I love looking at all of your beautiful art! You've surpassed me as a painter, and I'll need you to give me some pointers when you're in town.

Love,

Jenny

Harrison said...

Wow Emilie! I didn't know you were such a good painter. That's tight. I like your mountains. They look real.

Gretta Spendlove said...

I love your blog, Emilie! I'm so happy to see that you've put your paintings on your blog, too. I remember how much fun it was to attend your Activity Days talent show in Boston and hear you tell about your paintings! Love, Grandma Gretta