Monday, August 10, 2009

Reading

                                         
 Here I'm reading the third book of the Twilight series,
   Eclipse.

Ever since first grade I have loved reading. From Frog and Toad, to Harry Potter, to the  Twilight series, I have always loved books. In first grade I used to sit in my parents bed and read Little House on the Prairie. I loved reading at night because everyone else had to go to bed a lot earlier. The privilege in our house is that when you can read chapter books alone, you can stay up later. When I got older, sometimes I would stay up until at least 2:00 am reading! My Grandma Gretta says that you should always bring reading material with you. I follow her advice. 

                          Favorite Book List

  1. Harry Potter series
  2. Twilight series
  3. Percy Jackson series
  4. 39 Clues series
  5. Ella Enchanted 
  6. The Two Princesses of Bamarre
  7. The Doll People
  8. Deltora Quest series
  9. Septimus Heap series
  10. Sammy Keyes series
  11. Mandy
  12. The Phantom Toll Booth
  13. The Last of the Very Good Wangdoodles

3 comments:

Gretta Spendlove said...

That is so wonderful, Emilie, that you love to read! With that hobby, you are very much like your namesake, Grandma Rose. After Grandpa Grant died, she kept a list of all the books she read, and they added up to 1500 just in the first fifteen years after Grandpa died! I can picture her in heaven right now, enjoying a good book.... Love, Grandma Gretta

Jonny said...

Emilie,

Jenny and I still talk about how much you read when we watched you and your siblings. I remember how you stayed up until 1 or 2 in the morning, begging to read another chapter...then another and another... Your love of reading will take you places. Keep it up.

Carolyn Ebert said...

Oh Emilie, I think you are ready for one of my favorite books of all time. My sisters gave me Little Women by Louisa May Alcott for my 12th birthday and I loved it. (I still have that very special copy.) Plus, you can visit Orchard House in Concord where she wrote and set Little Women!