Monday, August 3, 2009

                                                                                            
                                          

Last weekend I had my first sleepover in Massachusetts. My friend Skyler is moving to Alabama so the day before she moved we had a sleepover. Before we had our sleepover we went over to Sara's house and went swimming. We played Catagories off the slide and jumped off the diving board. That was fun. That evening we went to the Haskell Field park to listen to a band  play. We didn't know most of the songs because they were all from the 60's. One of the songs that we knew though was the Limbo. A lot of people got up and danced for it. While we were listening, Skyler and I saw a ton of dogs so we went and pat all most all of them. We only stayed for part of it before going to Erikson's Ice Cream. The Peppermint ice-cream was delicous. At home we lay in our sleeping bags telling  things like funny family traditions and our favorite books. We didn't fall asleep for such a long time and woke up at 6:30 so we were pretty tired. In the morning we made Belgian waffles for breakfast. We all agreed they were the best waffles we ever tasted. The blueberries we picked from Honey Pot Orchard were put on them along with maple syrup and wipped cream. My mom said that Mia was going to have a bath so we all crowded around the sink. Our job was to brush her hair and forehead so she wouldn't get cradle cap. We picked out a pink flowered outfit and then sat on the ground, smiling, for like an hour listening to her coo. It was really cute. Annelise and Sophia wanted to listen to us sing so we put on a concert. We sang songs like All Star and Do-Re-Me. Our whole family loved it. Ezra was security and Jonathan took lots of pictures. That was a really fun sleep over.

4 comments:

Carolyn Ebert said...

Lucky girl! It sounds like a really fun sleepover. I'm sorry your friend is moving. That may be difficult, but now you'll have a friend to visit in Alabama and an email buddy!

I want to see pictures of Ezra as security!

Carolyn Ebert said...

Wow! I just went back and looked at the picture of you on the first day of 5th grade. You look so much older I can't believe it! We miss you and look forward to the next time you visit! Love you...

Gretta Spendlove said...

I'm sorry Skyler is moving. I know how much you like her. But what a great good-by party you had! Love, Grandma Gretta

David Spendlove said...

Emilie,

How wonderful that you like to read like grandma Gretta. I was just wondering of the 13 books you have read which one would you recommend I read. you can e-mail me at david.spendlove@yahoo.com with your answer

Grandpa David