Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Big Surprise

This season in soccer we totally surprised our parents, our coaches, our rival teams and even ourselves. The first three games of the season, we were creamed! We came home with scores like 6-0, 5-0, and 6-1, all for the other teams! We weren't too worried, because we were still having fun. Shocking to all, we made a huge come back. We showed up in Weston, and tied the top team in the division. (I don't think anyone saw that one coming!) The next team showed up in Sudbury. They were the second in the division. We beat them! The third top team in the division played us, and we beat them too! Suddenly our games were much more fun to watch and more fun to play! Usually I play midfield and sometimes forward. My coach says that I am really good at stealing the ball away from the other players and defense. I am also good at playing with both my right and left foot. One thing that I am going to work on is shooting. I love soccer and can't wait for next season!   

1 comment:

David Spendlove said...

Emilie,

How fun that you are winning. I would love to watch you when we come out to Sudbury.Also, you write very well--- I'm impressed

Love,

Grandpa