Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Tide Pools



Last Wednesday my family and I went to some tide pools in New Hampshire. At first we went to the place where the park ranger told us but there was nothing but periwinkles (small snails) and seaweed! Then we saw a whole bunch of people  crowding around one area so we went over there. We looked under some rocks and there were tons of  small lobsters. If we were careful we could pick them up even though their tails were sharp and, of course, there were pinchers. My mom took a lot of pictures and we even saw a bunch of sea urchins.

Afterward, we went to Honey Pot Orchard and picked blueberries. We are going to use them to make a blueberry pie. We also went in a hedge maze and  a box maze. The box maze is my favorite. It's made out of wooden boxes with Christmas lights in them. We spent a lot of time in it trying to find our way out. We did it twice. Before we left we bought some caramel apples and our favorite honey sticks. I got cinnamon honey. I had a lot of fun that day.

3 comments:

marilee said...

Emilie, it looks like you guys had a GREAT time with the lobsters and blueberries! Wish you were here in Utah but it looks like you're having fun around Boston... I love you.

Carolyn Ebert said...

Emilie, you're making me hungry! Blueberries, caramel apples, and cinnamon honey-what treats!

Gretta Spendlove said...

I wish I could have seen all the baby lobsters! What a fun day! At the Salt Lake Farmers Market this weekend, one farmer was selling new-fangled, Utah-grown blueberries, and I thought of my grandchildren in New England and Seattle, where blueberries are a local specialty. I also love the photos of your art work. You are so talented! Love, Grandma Gretta